Spectators Code of Conduct
In order to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect among layers, coaches, officials and spectators are the primary considerations governing competition in the Western Loudoun Basketball League, the following Code of Conduct has been established and adopted.
Each spectator will ensure that his/her playing conduct is that of a young lady or gentleman fairly competing to the limit of his/her ability. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the spectator is expected to:
- Respect the rules of the game.
- Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decisions or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful or abusive manner.
- Cheer for their team in a positive, supportive manner, refraining at all times from making hostile, negative, or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
- Enter a gym quietly, remain seated during play of the game. Refrain at all times from coming onto the floor or from throwing objects or other foreign materials onto the floor, and exit in an orderly manner at the conclusion of the game.
- Follow all building rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others. Be aware that there is to be no shooting at baskets during time outs or intermission of games that are in progress- Before each game only the teams warming up for the next game should be shooting at the baskets. SPECTATORS SHOULD NEVER BRING BALLS INTO ANY WLBL GAME SITE GYM.
- Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game, win or lose.
- Realize, accept, and practice the principal that a team's reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy, and citizenship of its fans.