Return To Play 2020 Season
UpdatedThursday October 1, 2020 byWLBL/PRCS.
Payment ($50) will be due for Skills & Drills will open on Oct 15th and will be due prior to November 5th. Only participants that have registered with a "Hold your Spot" of $25/player will be allowed to register.
November Skills & Drills will be conducted on the following 3 Saturdays:
House & Middle School Assessments will be conducted on:
Practices will begin on Jan. 4th.
Games will commence on Jan. 9th.
Rules for the WLBL Basketball 2020 Return to Play Plan
- We will be limiting spectatorship to parents/grandparents and siblings only. NO Scouting from other Coaches/players/etc. (clear the gyms)
- We will schedule 20 minutes between games to help us clean/sanitize balls, chairs, tables prior to each game.
- We will clear the gyms between games making all spectators leave.
- Clean/Sanitize the balls between each period
- Go from 9 games to 6 games (1st games starting in Jan).
- Picture day - Cancel due to the amount of traffic
- Limit practices to once a week (60 minutes) and only 1 team assigned to each gym for their period. No parents can stay in the gyms during practices. This will assure only 13 max attendees within each gym at practice times.
- Set up assessments to have a limit of 20 kids in each gym for any assessment (instead of 40).
- No Turkey Trot held this year.
- Cancel the handshake line at the end of each game.
- Do not allow the use of Pennies in gyms.
- Make sure each player brings their own water bottle to the gym.
- We will conduct a pre-season session with all Coaches and Volunteers prior to any season opening to assure masks and other guidelines are followed.
- Enforce temperature checks at the entrance to doors, health check questions asked prior to each activity. If a particular gym has a limited number of people allowed we will shut down the entrance door to the gym and assure no one else is allowed entry.
- We will follow all LC PRCS “rules for safe play” & “Play it Smart – Health on the Court” guidelines.
Loudoun County PRCS Rules for a Safe “Return to Play”
- Stay home if you are sick!
- Coaches must ask and document completion of the daily health check questions of every player and coach before each practice, scrimmage or game.
- Participants must maintain social distancing of 10 feet, where practicable.
- Coaches must disinfect player chairs before and after each practice, if chairs are available.
- All players must social distance and wear a face covering when on the player bench.
- Coaches must wear face coverings when social distancing of 10 feet can not be maintained or when they are in the bench area or off the court.
- Personal equipment must be socially distanced outside the court areas.
- Teams must provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to players before and after each practice. (WLBL will provide)
- Players must not share water bottles, towels, team coolers, personal or team equipment other than the ball.
- Players need to bring their own water as water fountain use is prohibited.
- Players should refrain from touching their face after touching a shared use ball.
- Players should use their own balls during drills when possible. WLBL will provide when necessary.
- The use of chewing gum is prohibited.
- The act of spitting is prohibited.
- Parents should bring their own chairs as the bleachers will remain closed as they will not be disinfected.
- Gym capacity may not exceed the limits set out by the Governor or the VDH.
- If a player/coach test positive the entire team and their families may be subject to quarantine by the Virginia Department of Health.
Loudoun County “Play it Smart – Health on the Court” Rules
In the past 24 hours has anyone in your household had:
- A temperature of 100°F or above?
- New cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting) that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New nasal congestion or new runny nose?
- New loss of smell and or taste?
- New muscle aches?
- Any other sign of illness?
- Contact with someone in the previous 14 days with confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 or someone who is ill with a respiratory illness?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you are not permitted to participate. You should not return until you or your family member is fever and symptom-free, without the use of medication for the fever or symptoms for three days.