Guidelines to Open
UpdatedThursday August 27, 2020 byRandy James.
Loudoun County PRCS Rules for a Safe “Return to Play”
- Stay home if you are sick!
- Coaches must ask and document completion of the daily health check questions of every player and coach before each practice, scrimmage or game.
- Participants must maintain social distancing of 10 feet, where practicable.
- Coaches must disinfect player chairs before and after each practice, if chairs are available.
- All players must social distance and wear a face covering when on the player bench.
- Coaches must wear face coverings when social distancing of 10 feet can not be maintained or when they are in the bench area or off the court.
- Personal equipment must be socially distanced outside the court areas.
- Teams must provide hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to players before and after each practice. (WLBL will provide)
- Players must not share water bottles, towels, team coolers, personal or team equipment other than the ball.
- Players need to bring their own water as water fountain use is prohibited.
- Players should refrain from touching their face after touching a shared use ball.
- Players should use their own balls during drills when possible. WLBL will provide when necessary.
- The use of chewing gum is prohibited.
- The act of spitting is prohibited.
- Parents should bring their own chairs as the bleachers will remain closed as they will not be disinfected.
- Gym capacity may not exceed the limits set out by the Governor or the VDH.
- If a player/coach test positive the entire team and their families may be subject to quarantine by the Virginia Department of Health.
WLBL League Changes:
- Limiting spectatorship to parents/grandparents and siblings only. NO Scouting from other Coaches (clear the gyms)
- Have 30 minutes between games to help us clean balls, chairs, tables prior to each game.
- Clear the gyms between games making all spectators leave.
- Clean the balls between each period
- Go from 9 games to 6 games (starting in Jan).
- Picture day - Cancel due to the amount of traffic
- Limit practices to once a week (60 minutes) and only 1 team assigned to each gym for their period. No parents can stay in the gyms during practices.
- Push assessments to have a limit of 20 kids in each gym for any assessment (instead of 40). This would double our time needed for assessments.
- No Turkey Trot held this year.
- Cancel the handshake line at the end of each game.
- Do not allow the use of Pennies in gyms.
Loudoun County “Play it Smart – Health on the Court” Rules
In the past 24 hours has anyone in your household had:
- A temperature of 100°F or above?
- New cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting) that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New nasal congestion or new runny nose?
- New loss of smell and or taste?
- New muscle aches?
- Any other sign of illness?
- Contact with someone in the previous 14 days with confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 or someone who is ill with a respiratory illness?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you are not permitted to participate. You should not return until you or your family member is fever and symptom-free, without the use of medication for the fever or symptoms for three days.